Excuse my space.!

I was wondering on the new post..as to what would I like to write about, what do I strongly feel about to be a part of the posts, in the last few days. And somehow it always happened that when I would have strong ideas to pen down, I would be away to write on and than later I would lose a track of what was the whole idea. I think this happens a lot many times to lot many of us. And than I finally daggered on the idea of personal space to prone upon for this post.
On the personal space front, I am a sensitive emotional being. I know because of my sensitivity, the point to back off. Whilst at the same time there are a set of people, who just don't get the picture straight on. There are two categories for me, if I classify them as per my understanding:
1. Either we assume the person's space to be the birth right ..like with our parents, we don't care a damn or don't even think twice in pinging them time and again for reason or for no-reason. The same happens with the best friends, when you need them around you for reason or no reason, you don't even think twice mentioning the same to them.
2. There is a second set of people, who I place them as so very distant from us emotionally, that I would think twice before checking a simple point with them and ensure all my conversations are full of courtesy and not hurtful anyhow. These are all true for work environment classification and another section of friends, who are not so close to you (may fall in a percept a little better than acquaintances). Ofcourse the people, who don't know you as much as the close ones would, may need that kind of space lest they would fall in category 1 itself. To this segment of people I would restrict my thoughts and feelings because I know they would not appreciate this as much as category 1 does.
I remember a conversation I was having with a friend a few days back and the network went bad just in the middle of conversation and I knew somehow that he needed to talk and get it out of his system and when we talked again on that I knew I was right. That's what primarily happens with category 1 people. You can buzz them off without being hurtful to them because they know you so well that you know they would understand and yet you are there for them when they need you without saying the same.
Is not this too philosophical yet true for each one of us. Like I said if you are high on emotions, sensitivity and philosophy goes hand in hand. If I get offended by people by those hurtful things I may no qualms in pushing them in category 2 and create a safe space with them. I don't know myself if its right or wrong but its the way for me it is, to safeguard that I don't want to be disrespected or hurt in emotional space again. I am giving back to this person what is rightly deserved as per me.
Both the set of people bring out the best in you. The category 1 set makes you safe with all the love, direction, strength and understanding you share with them, to keep you grounded. The category 2 people are the ones, who make you self-sufficient, independent and worthwhile to take the hardships of the life, full on.
Gosh its looking so much like Paulo's talk and I think i am learning a lot from his writings lately ..but thanks to you Paulo for this wisdom, I cracked in me. I would like to grow in this thoughtline here, but more ones I have more comments from the readers ..so tell me do u agree ?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Very beautifully written - I could almost relate to the thought expressed here. Keep writing such articles - very profound, very thought provoking, very beautiful.
Vandana Bhatia said…
There was something i really liked in the conversation for this article (off-line), which needs to be captured here. Its a prose translated as :
Light tells to darkness - u are so dark
Darkness tells light - since I exist, you are light.
Thats also the reason the two set of people exist in our life to make the other one equally crucial in our existence.

Popular posts from this blog

More on profoundness

Am I Your FRIEND ?

All That Jazz