Fanaa for you

Fanaa ..isnt it a beautiful title for this tale ..I loved the movie (though the script could have been a lot better but dont all the movies may it be hollywood flick come with some flaws). Aamir was absolutely fantastic in the role he was portraying infact the feel of the role was immense the inner conflict of a person who is showcasing to the world a camouflaged image. He played it well to the mark ! Kajol had nothing much to do in the movie but to look good, which she did..the script didnt have too much of potential for her to show while she played the blind.It was nowhere near what Rani did to a blind character in Black..and later too except the killing part she was just her usual self. The kid was adorable very natural and very lovable. I was talking to nama who said she wished Rehan shouldnt be killed in the end, and to this I quoted what aamir said in an interview ...the character was ruthless he took lives without thinking twice and in the end this was the best fate could have destined him for. I too agreed on the ending for this is close to reality of life not all stories have happy endings ..for even it was decided otherwise like if he did wish and actually quit ..his world would have done this to him rather to let him live peacefully thereafter. I more deterred on choreography ..the first two songs were unimpactful (chand sifarish ...and rangeela mera desh) and could have been much better.
I was reading Kunal Kohli's (the director) thoughts on the movie in a coloumn and he mentioned there were times he wanted to do certain things in a different way but it was like a force which created so many obstacles and problems to let it go his way and he had to relent. He believed it was God's way of showing him the path and it worked ..since for him the movie is a block buster already. But to add more to the thought ..isnt that quite nice way to say this happens to each of us ..(atleat I could relate to it) ..when i go against the flow it breaks no matter how hard you try. The flow with God's energy is probably the easiest path in life.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I still did not watch Fanaa... You are getting towards movie reviewers group.. great! Well, I read one more review from my dearest friend here about fanaa.. you will also enjoy it!
Vandana Bhatia said…
True ..but highly critical there. I agree the movie had big time goof ups ..but its a story (remember Govinda movies - use no head just flow with the emotions and power in acting). I liked another follow up link from the one you posted a good read
Ankit Mittal said…
Your review does lay down to rest any doubts I might be having after hearing those not-so-good from some of my freinds here. I am going to go and watch Fanaa by this weekend.
Extending your thought further, it's the moments we're against the flow that we remember, cherish long after they've passed... even though at that point in time, they might now have looked that good on the face-value :)
Raju Bathija said…
Hi, Thank you for linking my funny take on movie Fanaa. I am happy you liked it and refer to as a good read.
Anonymous said…
Rajuji, I didn't get many things while I was reading your blog (rather I looked over few lines) but I didn't get a thing as I didn't know who the hell Kunal Kohli was, neither your distant distant cousine.. But I made sure that I read your and kusum's post without fail after watching the movie today (Just couple of unlucky hours before) .. I will soon share my opinion without any impression of anyone's thought

Popular posts from this blog

More on profoundness

Am I Your FRIEND ?

All That Jazz