I miss those hand written letters

Emails really have replaced the letter writes, we used to have in the past years. I used to love them, infact I still have all my letters received saved in boxes and when I am on cleaning spree, I end up reading some of them and see how much emotional, we used to be to write those letters. I know my cousins , aunts and uncles - they all have been so generous to me - I love you all for that. I also know my cousins too cherish them and have saved all my letters and also have put them in scrap book, so that they stay for long. Infact all the rakhis etc, I shared with them are all saved. I really feel touched by them for this gesture of love. I remember they sent me a token of money from their pocket money in a letter, when they realised that, on Rakhi, sisters are given a gift in return and when that letter turned up at my place, it came with a custom notice indicating, that the money was getting smuggled under my name. It was actually hilarious and we offered that entire money to customs, to get away from fiasco and I could sense the blushing face of my cousins, when they would have learnt it. Ouch it was such a brilliant emotion.
I have not seen emails any less - I was super excited recently when I was interacted with Paulo - even if this was a casual conversation. Recently again it was really hilarious with me and I could not have suppressed a big laugh over it. Surprisingly Tarun Tahilani sent me an email indicating, how much he enjoyed my party and than subtly adding the mention over the invoice, for the clothes he sold to me. I would not have cared much less but when I saw the amount it was a must that I had to reply to him, that this was a mistaken identity. It was only later I found that they were reaching for another person with my name, who was married to one of the wealthiest families of India and this money was put on her parties attire.
It is amusing, how an email takes one to the same ferry of emotions.
May be the world no longer needs the hand written tokens of rememberance - but I think I still like my paper letters so much more even today. I do save my emails (the ones I like) but barely run over them again, lest I am in space crunch, which is rare. Yet I have never written a hand written letter in so many years. The world is too fast paced for me, to slow down to that version. Yet its a beautiful memory to keep.

Comments

VSood said…
well said. The episode of receiving rakhi money in post was hilarous!
Anonymous said…
Good for people to know.

Popular posts from this blog

More on profoundness

Am I Your FRIEND ?

All That Jazz