Precious words

Lord, protect our doubts, because doubt is a way of praying. It is what makes us grow, because it obliges us to look without fear at the many answers to the same question.
And for this to be possible, Lord, protect our decisions, because decision is a way of praying. Give us the courage, after doubt, to choose between one path and another. Let our YES always be a YES, and our NO always a NO. Once our path is chosen, let us never look backwards or let our soul be gnawed by remorse.
And for this to be possible, Lord, protect our actions, because action is a way of praying. Make our daily bread be the fruit of the best that we carry within us. May we be able through work and Action to share a little of the love we receive.
And for this to be possible, Lord, protect our dreams, because dreaming is a way of praying. Enable us, whatever our age and circumstances, to keep alive in our hearts the sacred flame of hope and perseverance.
And for this to be possible, Lord, let us always be filled with enthusiasm, because enthusiasm is a way of praying. That is what links us to Heaven and Earth, to men and children, and tells us that desire is important and deserves our efforts. That is what assures us that everything is possible, as long as we are totally committed to what we do.
And for this to be possible, Lord, protect us because life is the only way we have to show your miracle. May the earth keep changing the seed to wheat, may we keep changing the wheat to bread. And this is only possible if we have love – so never leave us alone. Always give us Your company, and the company of men and women who have doubts, and act and dream and become enthusiastic and live as if each and every day were completely dedicated to Your glory.
Amen.


Dear Vandana,
My sincere thanks for your kind email.
Your thoughts about my work are important to me and I am grateful for your interest.
May love be your guide in every moment of your life.
Paulo Coelho

****
Its somehow strange but it brought me a lot of delight when i corresponded with Paulo for his writings. When i noticed his reply the very next day in my mail box it seemed like it popped from another world altogether. I was so excited that I shared it with the closest ones to me ..they say joy increases manifolds on sharing and it actually did :)
I had a strong urge to write to him while I was reading on Like a flowing river ...its an assimilation of small stories on various aspects to life. He had penned down his own experiences from life and somewhere in between the words captured the thought that its a wise thing to keep writing your mind out..its enriched with experiences and learnings and we miss them out over a period of time. He has talked of lot of things in this book which are so easy and common flowing that it felt like I know it ..it happened with me too and I believe in what you said. Alongwith it also teaches a lot while telling those stories..its a wholesome package ...I shall write a separate review on this one when I finish. Thanks Paulo for being a part of my blog :)

Comments

Vikky said…
Hi Vandana,


I donot know wether it is an excerpt or your own wordings but they message is awesome.

Wanted to just appreciate your piece of work.

techie.vikky@gmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

More on profoundness

Am I Your FRIEND ?

All That Jazz