Previous Thoughts

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead;I lift my eyes and all is born again.~Sylvia Plath, "Mad Girl's Love Song"

*****

When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight. ~Kahlil Gibran

*****

WHY IS IT that when you eat too much for lunch, you feel drowsy all afternoon, but when you eat a big meal in the evening, you stay awake all night? -- Etienne Leclerc

*****

"At the end of the game,
the king and the pawn
go into the same box."
- Italian Proverb

*****

Time is uncertain
Time is always uncertain. It is the difficulty with the mind: mind wants certainty -- and time is always uncertain

*****

I never ask God to give me anything; I only ask him to put me where things are. ~Mexican Proverb

----

Afterthought

Tell me what you need and I’ll tell you how to get along without it.!

*****

Invigorated morning ... fresh dew ... scent of flowers ... all new
birds chirped ...the first ray of light touched the heap
the mystery grew...the fragrence flew ...the hay sparkled
the magic began ... a new dawn ... a new set of dreams
a new spirit ...the sunshine filtering through the leaves
a feeling fragile which can break with a touch...mystifying all the breeds

-- Vandana

*****

I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh
try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere
behind the morning.

-- J.B. Priestly

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More on profoundness

Am I Your FRIEND ?

All That Jazz